Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Who is eligible to purchase Cognitive Therapy Training on Disc™?
- Mental health professionals and graduate students in a mental health field.
At checkout you must verify your educational degree and affiliation.
- Graduate students in a mental health field.
At checkout you must list your educational institution, placement year, and name of department.
2. How can I purchase Cognitive Therapy Training on Disc™?
From our on-line store. Shop for the items you want and place them in your shopping cart. We accept Visa or MasterCard payments. All sales are in US dollars. At checkout you are asked to verify your status as a Mental Health professional or graduate student in a mental health field.
3. How do I search for a product?
There are multiple way to search.
- Use our links in the left hand column. Select DVD or Audio CD and you will see a list of topics. Select the topic of interest to see the items available.
- Use the search box and enter
the product name or
the SKU code or
the presenter's name in the Search Box
- Click on our ORDER BY SKU button to see a listing of all our products and for rapid ordering.
4. Do I have to register?
No you do not have to register. If you want to keep a history of your orders, then register on the site. You can also keep track of your ship to and billing addresses if you register. We do not permit the storage of your credit card information.
If you decide to register: Make certain you enter a correct and valid email address since we use email to contact you in the event there is a question about your order or payment information.
You only have to Register one time. For future visits, you enter your email address and password.
5. I forgot my password. Can you help me?
If you forgot your password enter the e-mail address you used to register. We will e-mail you a link that will allow you to enter a new password.
6. Can I order by telephone?
Sorry, we cannot accept telephone orders. We are a small training and publishing house and do not have the resources available. All orders are strictly through our on line store.
7. Do you accept Purchase Orders?
No. In order to maintain our low prices, all orders must be prepaid. We are a small training and publishing house and do not have the resources available. If your institution needs validation prior to preparing payment, we are happy to prepare and email you a Pro Forma Invoice
Click here for our procedures and details on Pro Forma ordering. Use our new online request form (since Oct 2012).
9. When can I expect to receive my order?
Even though we are not a full time mail order company, we make every effort to process orders quickly. Generally we ship orders every Tuesday and Friday. Our current ship dates are always posted on our Home page and Special Offers page. For exceptions see the "No Ship Dates" section on our Shipping/Tax page.
USA ORDERS: expect delivery 1-3 business days after mailing. Items are shipped First Class Mail through the United States Postal Service (USPS). If your order is over 14 ounces, it ships USPS Priority Mail. Please keep a close watch for your package or a Delivery Notice from the postal service.
FOREIGN ORDERS: Expect delivery 10+ business days after mailing. Items are shipped First Class Mail International. This is Air Mail through the United States Postal Service (USPS). Please keep a close watch for your package or Delivery Notice.
Depending on your situation, you may receive a notice from your Postal Service (e.g. if you are not home when delivered; package too big for mailbox) and/or from your Country's Customs Department that you have a package waiting. We are unable to advise you about these procedures since they are determined by each Postal Office and each Country.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: You are responsible for any taxes (VAT, GST), Customs and postal fees assessed by your country. Your post office will not deliver until these fees are paid.
We do not ship orders between December 15 and January 3. No exceptions. Due to the high volume of holiday mailings there is a high likelihood of vastly delayed orders and lost orders. We may accept orders during that time period but will not process or post them until January 3 or the first business day thereafter.
10. Are preview copies available?
Sorry but we do not provide preview copies of any of our materials. In order to keep our prices low all sales are final. Generally educational institutions expect to order preview copies of their educational materials. We do not have higher prices for institutions and would have to charge considerably more monies to all purchasers in order to make preview copies available to some. Our mission is to provide high quality Cognitive Therapy Training on Discs™ at low cost to all mental health professionals.
11. We are a Library. What are your Purchase Policies and Use Permissions?
We are happy to work with libraries but they still need to provide mental health qualifying information and ensure distribution is limited to only the approved groups.
Libraries wishing to purchase Cognitive Therapy Training on Disc™ must provide mental health qualifying information and agree to adhere to the following permissions and use restrictions:
Our audio and video training items are for use only by qualified mental health professionals or graduate students in a mental health program. Please make sure that check out is limited to these groups. Most libraries choose to place these items in the reference section to guarantee use restricted to the authorized groups only. Any duplication, other distribution, or electronic storage of this copyrighted material is strictly forbidden. Thank you for your attention and adherence to these permissions and use restrictions.
12. Can I return an item?
No. All Sales are Final. Only products with a manufacturing defect and a Return Authorization number (RA#) can be returned and replaced with the exact product.
13. What is your Warranty Policy & Replacement Procedure?
Warranty Policy: All our Audio CDs and DVDs are professionally manufactured using high quality materials and processes. Any product found to have a manufacturing defect will be replaced free of charge for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase.
Replacement Procedure: DO NOT RETURN THE ITEM TO US WITHOUT PROPER AUTHORIZATION. Items that are returned to us without authorization do not qualify for warranty replacement.
If you believe you have a defective item, first read over our FAQ #12. As with any difficulty, the first step in problem solving is to try the disc in at least two different types of players to see if the problem repeats itself.
If you determine the problem you are having meets the definition of a defective product, send us an email and include the following:
Sales Receipt Number
SKU Code (e.g. BEHX)
Disc Number (Disc x of x)
Detailed description of the defect
What you have done to try and correct the problem
Once we receive this information, we can review it and advise you how to proceed
If you realize the item is not defective but you are having some sort of problem, follow the recommendations we list in this FAQ page or email us for more self-help details.
14. What if I have a defective disc?
We are happy to replace a defective disc if that defect is from the manufacturing process and reported within the warranty period.
There are two types of manufacturing defect.
Type A: disc will not launch / play
Check the disc in several other machines. Some older machines cannot play "burned Audio CDs" This is not a defect. Playback is not universally guaranteed. You need to play the disc in a modern player that can play these Audio CDs. If the problem is corrected when using another machine the disc does not have a manufacturing defect.
Make sure you are not trying to play a DVD in a CD player. A CD player cannot play DVDs.
Some older DVD players cannot play NTSC DVDs. This is not a defect. Playback is not universally guaranteed. You need to play the disc in a modern player that can play NTSC DVDs. Most DVD players made in the past 10 years can play NTSC DVDs. Also, all computer DVD players will play any of our DVDs. There are no region restrictions on our products.
- If switching to several other machines that are modern, and of different formats (e.g., computer DVD player, stand alone DVD player) does not correct the problem, contact us. See Warranty Policy (FAQ #11) for procedures.
Type B: no sound
- Most likely nothing is wrong. See FAQ #13 for sound help.
- If after trying all those procedures and you still have NO SOUND, see Warranty Policy (FAQ #11) for procedures.
Discs which have accidental damage do not qualify for warranty replacement.
Accidents such as: left in hot places, liquid spilled on them, damages due to incorrect insertion, dropping, scratches, and/or fingerprints. We realize accidents do happen but accidents are not a manufacturing defect or a warranty replacement issue.
Treat your discs carefully. Always store them in their paper sleeve. Do not set anything on them. Do not store them flat. Handle discs by the edges as fingerprints can damage the surface. Do not write anywhere on the disc.
15. My audio sounds muffled. What's wrong?
Most likely nothing is wrong. However, your speakers may be playing too much bass. A simple adjustment can correct this situation.
Most audio system default settings are designed for playing music which has a very wide frequency range. The spoken voice has a very narrow range and the players tend to boost all signals whether they are present or not. As a result, if your system is set for music, voice only programs can sound muffled, muddy or full of bass. Some audio players need to be adjusted for voice only programs. The Equalizer is an excellent way to tune the output for the audio programs you listen to. If you take the time to learn how to do this, it will enhance your listening experience.
- Playing Audio CDs on a HOME / AUTO stereo system, iPod, or MP3 player: lower the bass setting. If your system has an equalizer, you can make very discrete adjustments in the bass frequencies to suit your listening needs.
- Playing Audio CDs on a COMPUTER:
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10 (Start - Programs - Windows Media Player): (1) Click the arrow below the Now Playing tab, point to Enhancements, and then click Graphic Equalizer. (2) Click the Turn On link, if visible, and then move the sliders to the levels that you want to use. For example, try lowering the bass (slider on far left). Hit the play button to hear how this setting sounds. Your changes are saved automatically to the Custom preset. (3) To control how the sliders move in relation to one another, click one of the slider option buttons to the left of the equalizer. (4) To revert to the default settings, click the Reset link. (5) To hide the settings, click the Close button in the Enhancements pane.
REALPLAYER 10 (Start - Programs - Real - RealPlayer): (1) In the upper right corner, click on Tools and then Equalizer. (2) Adjust the bass setting to your listening needs. Hit the play button to hear how this setting sounds. (3) If you do not like this setting, hit the Reset button.
16. Can my local bookstore order your CT Training on Disc for me?
No. Our cognitive therapy training discs are sold only to the end user who must qualify as a mental health professional or a graduate student in a mental health field. Unfortunately, we cannot sell our products to companies who then sell the product to the end user since we have no way of controlling who qualifies as a mental health professional. Because of the need to qualify our buyer / end user, we are unable to sell our products to bookstores and other intermediaries.
Sometimes buyers wish to order through a bookstore because they are concerned about the requirement for prepayment in US dollars. Ordering is simple and straightforward. If you pay with a Visa or MasterCard, your order is processed automatically in US dollars. There are no additional steps for you to take. Your credit card merchant handles any and all exchange rates.
17. Are session handouts available to those who purchase the CDs?
We do not provide handouts for most of our CT Training on Disc programs. Thanks for asking. It gives us the opportunity to tell you a few of the reasons why workshop handouts are not generally available.
- Handouts prepared for workshops are time dated and frequently specific to the audience. We know what is on the audio portion of the workshop but to keep handout information updated would be next to impossible.
- When we distribute handouts at a workshop, attendees have a chance to ask questions about the content and to seek clarification. We rely on the opportunity to answer their questions since the handouts are not intended as stand alone sources of information.
- The vast majority of our programs are recorded from live workshops. Attendees pay significantly more money than do purchasers of the recorded programs.
- It is logistically difficult to consider providing handouts with over 20 programs to consider. Handouts typically are reproduced by the Sponsor of the workshop who is obligated to destroy any extra copies.
- Our video programs never had handouts associated with them in the first place. The same is true for some audio programs.
- Our handouts contain some information copyrighted by others that we are not permitted to sell.
18. We use PAL DVDs in my country. Can I play your region free NTSC DVD?
Absolutely. Our DVDs will play in all computer DVD players. The region code on our DVDs is set to Region 0.
Information for use outside the United States on a stand alone DVD player:
Most modern DVD players which normally play PAL formatted discs can also automatically play NTSC formatted DVDs. Modern TV sets allow NTSC playback although in some cases adjustments may be required through the user menu. Since our DVDs are region free, they can play in all countries, provided the NTSC signal can be played on the equipment being used. Universal compatibility with stand alone players is not guaranteed especially if the equipment is 10 or more years old.